Brussels Climate & Temperature
- Brussels, Belgium is at 50°47'N, 4°21'E, 100 m (328 ft). See map.
- Brussels has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Brussels is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 9.8 degrees Celsius (49.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 15 °C (27°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 5.7°C (42.2°F) on average falling to 0.3°C (32.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 14°C (57.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 4.7°C (40.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 22°C (71.6°F) and average low temperatures are 11.3°C (52.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 14°C (57.2°F) during the day and lows of 6°C (42.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 785 mm (30.9 inches) which is equivalent to 785 Litres/m² (19.25 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1585 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Brussels you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Taiaroa Head, New Zealand where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Brussels Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Brussels Climate Graph in Metric Units
Brussels Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Brussels, Belgium Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Den Helder, Netherlands - 242.5 kms (150.7 miles) N
- De Kooy, Netherlands - 238.3 kms (148.1 miles) N
- Amsterdam, Netherlands - 155.7 kms (96.7 miles) NNE
- De Bilt, Netherlands - 155.5 kms (96.6 miles) NNE
- Gemert, Netherlands - 124.9 kms (77.6 miles) NE
- Essen, Germany - 194.8 kms (121.1 miles) ENE
- Cologne, Germany - 184.5 kms (114.6 miles) E
- Maastricht, Netherlands - 99.8 kms (62 miles) E
- Trier-Petrisberg, Germany - 201.4 kms (125.2 miles) SE
- Luxemburg City, Luxembourg - 187 kms (116.2 miles) SE